Equinox Underwater Video Housings
Equinox is proud to be the only underwater video housing manufacturer to offer a Retrofit Program. The Retrofit Program is offered on all PRO and HD 6 housings. With camcorders being updated and new releases hitting the market almost monthly, customers want to be able to update their gear without having to take a significant financial hit. With the Retrofit Program you can update your housing for approximately half the cost of a new housing (a savings of $400-$500).
How the program works:
- Once you have purchased a PRO 6 or HD 6 housing through Equinox and sent in your warranty card you are automatically enrolled in the retrofit program.
- When you have decided to update your housing you can contact Equinox directly to set up your retrofit.
- Equinox will use all parts of your existing housing that are in 100% working condition, give you a new housing body and customize your new housing for you.
- Once you have purchased through Equinox you may retrofit as many times as you choose.
How Cost is determined:
- Once Equinox receives your original housing, it will be evaluated and an Equinox sales representative will contact you with what the cost of the retrofit will be. No actions will be taken without direct communication with the customer
- The condition of your housing goes a long way in determining the cost of your retrofit. The better the condition of your previous housing and dome port, the lower the cost of the retrofit.
- Typically your cost for retrofitting your PRO/HD 6 housing will be 45-55% of the cost of a new housing.
- Like the Equinox 3yr. warranty, the retrofit program is non-transferrable and is voided should the initial owner of the PRO/HD 6 gift or sell the housing to another party.
Retrofits are placed on the production schedule twice a month and the customer will receive their retrofitted housing within 1-4 weeks of their request (the customer will be notified, when speaking with an Equinox representative, as to the expected completion date of the retrofit).